Coach Alberto Salazar Explains His Training Philosophy
Alberto Salazar – Nike Oregon Project Head Coach
I have to say a big thanks to my friend and fellow coach Mark Racher for sending me the link to these videos of a presentation and Q&A session with Alberto Salazar.
Last night turned into a video-fest in my home as I listened to Salazar and his Oregon Project Head Strength & Conditioning Coach, Dave McHenry sharing the concepts and philosophies that develop athletes such as Mo Farah and Galen Rupp.
Select From The Videos Below
- Lydiard and Periodization
- Repetition of Workouts
- Q&A: Tempo Runs
- Q&A: Distance for HS Tempo Runs
- Q&A: Recovery Between Intervals
- Q&A: Soft Surfaces
- Q&A: When to Start Wearing Spikes
- Q&A: Making Race Days Workout Days
- Q&A: Managing Without a Practice Facility
- Q&A: Racing Every Weekend
- Q&A: Prepping Mary Cain for NXN Mud
- Q&A: How Easy Are Easy Days
- Q&A: Establishing Easy Run Pace
Leave a comment. Ask us a question...