If you’re looking for a free marathon training plan, our tried and tested training schedules will guide you through the process of preparing to achieve your marathon goals.
Following one of these free marathon training plans will provide you with the structure required in your training to build your running fitness towards successfully achieving your running goals on marathon day.
Unlike many of the marathon training plans available online, these PDFs downloads include not only the running aspects of your training but also the important injury prevention exercises to keep you running pain-free.
If you’re training for your first marathon, make sure you read this article for my step-by-step guide to marathon training success!
You may already know my philosophy on making sure that you don’t neglect the important injury prevention workouts as you increase your running training load ahead of your marathon. These workouts are so important in helping you avoid many of the overuse injuries that make a mess of marathon training for so many runners.
As such, these marathon training plans also include short and effective strength and mobility workouts, to compliment your running.
Feel free to download each of these training schedules, take a look at them, see which suits your needs and goals best…
Download Your Free Marathon Training Plan
What do you get with our training programmes?
I’ve tried to make each of our training schedules more than simply a running schedule to follow. Instead, I’ve tried to cram each of the plans with tips and resources to help you with every step of your marathon training.
Each of these free marathon training plans includes:
- Pre-requisites to help you know what levels of running fitness you need to achieve before beginning your marathon training block
- An at-a-glance view of your marathon training plan, for you to print and stick on the wall. Great for motivation and marking completed sessions!
- Detailed explanations of each running session, and injury prevention workout.
- Links to videos and further reading to answer many of the common marathon running questions.
- Nutrition and hydration advice for long runs and marathon day itself.
- Pacing information to help you run at the correct pace both in training and during your marathon.
- Access to ongoing support via the “Transform Your Running” group on Facebook.
Here’s an example of the “at a glance” page from the free beginners marathon training plan: