Quick and Easy Chicken Provence
Chicken can be boring and redundant at times. However, it is a lean and healthy protein that we all need so we must be creative at times. This is a super easy and fast dinner that should take…. maybe, 30 minutes from start to finish. Serves 4 or maybe 2 😉
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Herbes de Provence
- All-purpose flour (for dusting)
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and herbes de Provence. Dust with flour; tap off excess.
- Cook, meaty side down, 5 minutes.
- Turn over; cook 1 minute.
- Add garlic and shallot; stir 30 seconds.
- Add wine; cook 1 minute. Add stock; cook 30 seconds.
- Add lemon juice.
- Transfer pan to oven.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, 9 to 13 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board.
- Place pan over medium heat; simmer sauce 1 minute. Add butter; swirl pan until butter incorporates and sauce thickens slightly.
- Cut each breast into 4 slices; transfer each to a plate; top with sauce and garlic.
Serve With: Steamed or sautéed spinach. I’m also a sucker for baby roasted potatoes with a dish like this!!!
NB: If using slightly bigger chicken breasts… Use 2 chicken breasts and keep everything else the same.
Leave a comment. Ask us a question...