Nike Oregon Project: Injury Prevention Is Key
Dave McHenry – Nike Oregon Project Strength & Conditioning Coach
I must say a big thanks to my friend and fellow coach Mark Racher for sending me the link to these videos of a presentation and Q&A session with Nike Oregon Project Head Strength & Conditioning Coach, Dave McHenry.
In my dual capacity as running coach and injury rehab specialist, I listened with intent as McHenry rationalised the concepts and philosophies that keep elite athletes such as Mo Farah and Galen Rupp performing on the knife-edge that exists between peak performance and injury.
Select From The Videos Below
- Program Overview
- Injury Prevention
- Strength and Conditioning
- Contraction Sequencing
- Q&A: Conditioning After Runs
- Q&A: Strength Testing for Large Groups
- Q&A: Strength Training for Large HS Teams
- Q&A: Phasing Out Work in Race Periodization
- Download the Presentation Slides (.PDF)
Leave a comment. Ask us a question...